These Roll-ups may be assembled ahead of time, wrapped lightly in plastic wrap & packed in lunch boxes. Cut into pinwheels just before serving. (Recipe courtesy of Shannan Swanson, a mother member of the Swanson Frozen Food Family, and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. This culinary expert realized the need for more healthy kids snacks and created TastyBrand.)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated organic cheddar
- 1 tablespoon organic Spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne or black pepper
- 1 to 2 drops hot sauce, optional
- 2 (7-inch) organic flour tortillas
- 4 thin slices organic roasted turkey from the deli
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar & hot sauce & stir well to combine.
- On a cutting board, lay the 2 tortillas flat. Using the rubber spatula, divide the cheesy filling evenly between the 2 tortillas. Spread the filling to within 1/2-inch from the edges of the tortillas & lay spinach leaves over the cheese spread. Lay 2 slices of turkey over the filling & using clean fingers, roll each tortilla into a cylinder shape, rolling as tightly as you can.
- Use a chef’s knife to cut each cylinder into 1/2-inch slices, or "pinwheels."