This policy is effective as of February 14, 2011.
KeepIdeas follows two core principles:
1. You should have control over your personal information.
KeepIdeas helps you track, organize and share information with people around you, but only when you choose to do so. For example, you can choose what information you put in your profile, including your username. You can also choose whether to track items publicly or privately.
2. Purchase information is private
KeepIdeas will never broadcast a purchase with an individual’s username.
Sharing and discovering information about tracked items should be easy. And we want to provide you with the privacy tools necessary to control how you share information. If you have questions or ideas, please send them to privacy@KeepIdeas.com.
The information we collect
When you visit KeepIdeas you provide us with two types of information: information you knowingly choose to disclose and Web Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Web Site.
Information you provide to us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: To use KeepIdeas services fully, such as storing a recipe on the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your e-mail address).
User Profiles and Comments: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio or favorite URLs. We also allow you provide questions, comments or deals, which are stored and shared.
1. Web site use information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. KeepIdeas and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, KeepIdeas cookie information, and the page you requested. KeepIdeas uses this traffic data to analyze trends, help diagnose problems with its servers, and administer the website.
KeepIdeas may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Children under age 13
KeepIdeas does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for KeepIdeas or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on KeepIdeas.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Use of information obtained by KeepIdeas
KeepIdeas will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. You may receive notification e-mails from KeepIdeas, which provide information or actions (e.g. new low price). KeepIdeas may also send e-mails with KeepIdeas-related news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit your alert preferences and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will receive legal notices (e.g. major policy updates) and system e-mails (e.g. forgotten passwords).
People who see your profile will not be able to see what items you are privately tracking and/or have bought. User profile information and comments you submit to KeepIdeas will be available to users of KeepIdeas. Your user name, profile picture thumbnail, and comments (e.g., posts of questions, reviews, and deals) will be available on the KeepIdeas network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so reviews, comments and deals shared with the KeepIdeas community can be found by the KeepIdeas community.
KeepIdeas may use information you provide to us and web site use information without identifying you as an individual. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people like a review or deal and personalizing advertisements and promotions. We believe this benefits you. For example, if you place a camera in your Kart, we might recommend an article or advertisement about a camera. We don't tell the publisher or camera company who you are or provide your email, we simply ask the publisher or advertiser for material related to cameras, which is then provided to you.
Sharing your information with third parties
Because KeepIdeas enables people to discover and share information with one another, information shared by the people who use KeepIdeas is a part of the KeepIdeas experience. Our privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about what information can be accessed by other users. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
- Your news feed may contain profile information and comments you provide and make available to KeepIdeas users according to your privacy settings.
- Questions, answers, reviews, and deals posted to KeepIdeas may always be available to third parties.
- We may provide information to service providers to help us deliver the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about KeepIdeas, to develop the software, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the KeepIdeas-specified purposes.
- We occasionally provide demonstrations and accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into KeepIdeas.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We let you choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through links to these vendors or other on-site offers.
- We may offer services, stores, or advertising jointly with other companies on KeepIdeas. You can tell when another company is involved in any service or advertisement provided on KeepIdeas, we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
- KeepIdeas personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of KeepIdeas business.
- If the ownership of KeepIdeas, KeepIdeas’s services or KeepIdeas, Inc., were to change, your user information may be transferred to the new owner so the service can continue operations.
When you use KeepIdeas, certain information you post or share, such as personal information, comments, or deals, may be shared with other users. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments or other items, this information may become publicly available.
Keeping information secure
KeepIdeas takes precautions to protect your information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. Your KeepIdeas account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Please help us protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer. Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Third party advertising
Advertisements that appear on KeepIdeas are sometimes delivered (or "served") directly to users by third party advertisers. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens. These third party advertisers may also download cookies to your computer, or use other technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. In this way, they may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. KeepIdeas does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by the third party advertisers. Third party advertisers have no access to your contact information stored on KeepIdeas unless you choose to share it with them.
Changing or removing information
Access and control over most personal information on KeepIdeas is readily available through the profile editing tools. KeepIdeas users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
Where you make use of the communication features (e.g., sharing a deal), you generally cannot remove such communications.
Conditions of use