- Heat oven to 375*. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- If sausage is encased, remove and discard casing. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, cook turkey sausage until just cooked through, breaking in to small clumps. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium low and drain any excess oil from pan.
- When pan has cooled a bit, add butter. When melted, add flour and stir vigorously to create a roux. Add pumpkin puree and milk and stir gently until blended in to a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper and cook until just bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Fold in sausage and cheddar cheese.
- Divide evenly among muffin pan cups and top with panko. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until bubbly and brown around the edges.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, gently extract each cake from its cup. Serve immediately.
Tips / Substitutes: Skip a step and use precooked turkey sausages or turkey hot dogs - or omit altogether.
Servings: Makes 12 appetizer-sized cakes (or dinner for 4)
Preparation Time: 30-40 min